Monday, June 30, 2008

Gift from Wonderland Bakery

My love of cupcakes is spreading fast! Last week my friend Nicole brought me a little treat. It was a cupcake (of course) from Wonderland Bakery in Newport Beach. Even though I have read a few bad reviews about this bakery (sloppy, too sweet), I was excited to give this cupcake a try!
This cute-looking cupcake was a Red Velvet (boy, does Nicole know me or what?). My husband and I each ate half of this cupcake. My review: I thought it was decent. No problems with the cake portion. The frosting was a whipped cream cheese frosting. I am not a big fan of the whipped frostings (remember, I am picky about my frostings), but my husband liked it more than regular cream cheese frosting. He was really impressed by the cupcake in general. I thought it was good, but it didn't blow me away.
I fear that I may be a little too hard on my reviews because I am looking for the perfect cupcake. I have been to a few cupcake bakeries that just blew me away. They had that little extra something that makes me want to go back only to that bakery. My Red Velvet from Wonderland Bakery was good, but it didn't have anything that made it stand out. I would eat one of these again though. Their cupcakes sell for $3.75, the highest I have seen a cupcake sell for (good thing I didn't have to buy it!). P.S. Nicole also got me these cute cupcake magnets. I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails